prayer life of a ffg leader
1. The Growth of Our Groups Will Be Affected By Our Prayer Life
● If we’re going to be successful as family group leaders we must have a consistent, personal prayer life
Psalm 127:1 “Unless the Lord build the house they that labor, labor in vain
John 15:4-5 “Abide in me and I in you as the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine neither can you unless you abide in me. I am the vine you are the branches He who abides in me and I in him bears much fruit for without Me you can do nothing”
● If our groups are going to grow we must have a consistent prayer life (disciplined)
2. We Have To Get Strong On The Inside, In Our Spirit
1 Tim 4:7-8 (TLB) “Spend your time and energy in the exercise of keeping spiritually fit. Bodily exercise is all right but spiritual exercise is much more important….so exercise yourself spiritually!”
Luke 6:40 “everyone who is perfectly trained and fully trained! God wants us to be trained spiritually
1 Cor 2:4 (Paul’s life and ministry was not like others why? “And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom but in demonstration of the spirit and of power”
● Paul was different because he was spiritually fit inside
3. Three things Every Champion Knows About Training
1. Training is seldom enjoyable to the flesh – training is tough, you feel like giving up
Jesus disciples asked to pray 1 hr, they fell asleep, their bodies didn’t want to pray
● You have to force your body to pray
2. Training involves a lot of personal sacrifice – paying the prize
There are things others can do that you can’t!
3. Training can sometime feel routine and boring – doing the same thing again and again
● So why pray, why the sacrifice? The gain of training outweighs the pain of training
● Why is there such an anointing in our church? Because Freedom was birthed in prayer
4. A Conquering Prayer Life
James 5:16-18 "…The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. Elijah was a human being, even as we are. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops."
● You conquer privately (internally), then you conquer outwardly
● In prayer you will commune with the Father, you will see him for who he is, he will show you who you are, and he will give you an internal vision of what he needs you to do
Proverbs 29:18 Where there is no vision, people cast off restraint; but blessed is the one who heeds wisdom’s (God’s) instruction.
Rom 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
● The barriers that impede growth are found in the Leaders minds
● In the presence of God there is clarity and all the confusion stops
1 Kings 19: 9-11 And the word of the Lord came to him: “What are you doing here, Elijah?”He replied, “I have been very zealous for the Lord God Almighty. The Israelites have rejected your covenant, torn down your altars, and put your prophets to death with the sword. I am the only one left, and now they are trying to kill me too.”The Lord said, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by.”
● What are your internal conversations? They will either bring you into your miracle or they will shrink you back into defeat and despair.
● Don’t believe the lies of the enemy.
● Choose to live by faith and not by fear.
● The vision works for those who will simply obey the great commandment and the great commission.