Set Free To Set Free
1. We Must Have a Desire to Get Free and Stay Free From Every Bondage
Gal 5:1 (NIV) It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
Matt 11:20,23-26 if I cast out demons with the finger of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you. “When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when he comes, he finds it swept and put in order. Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first.”
● Recognize areas of bondage and refuse to allow them to remain
● Can a Christian still be in bondage after they have been saved
● An Unclean Spirit will always Return to find a place again
● Demon Possessed (Daimonid-zomai) can also be translated to be under the influence of, harassed, tormented, Bound etc.
● Deception and false doctrines can open us up to demons
1 Tim 4:1 The Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons
● Bitterness and anger or repeated sin can open us up to a demon
Eph 4:27 nor give place to the devil.
Heb 12:15 looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled;
Acts 8:23 I see you are poisoned by bitterness and bound by iniquity.”
● The residue of His past bondage surfaces as he seeks Gods power in order to manipulate for self exalting purposes and selfish gain
● Iniquity – the opposite of truthfulness, faithfulness and rightness
● Simon was not delivered from a spirit of selfish ambition
● Why do you want ministry ? it must be because we love God and love people and we want them to be free, it’s the greatest honor
John 7:18 He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who seeks the glory of the One who sent Him is true, and no unrighteousness (iniquity) is in Him
Js 3:14-15 But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking (strife) in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic.
Matt 7:18-20 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown in the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
1 Jn 5:18 whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keep himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.
2. The Motive and Urgency to Grow and to Multiply Comes from God
Matt 9:38 pray to send out laborers into His harvest.”
● To send means tom thrust out and to force out that’s urgency
Matt 10:7-8 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ 8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.
1 Jn 3:8 For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. (Gods purpose is now my purpose)