The Spirit (Heart) Behind the Vision, Mission and the Path
1. God’s Love in Our Hearts Compels Us To Live in the Vision
● Everything we do must be done in love, love for God, love for the lost, love for his people.
1 Cor. 13:1-3 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.
2. Urgency, Urgency, Urgency - Why All the Urgency?
John 4:35 Do you not say, ‘There are still four months
and then comes the harvest’? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest!
Matt 9:36-38 But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd. Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.”
Ps 68:6 God sets the lonely in families, he leads out the prisoners with singing; but the rebellious live in a sun-scorched land.
● Invite culture, prayer culture, family class students, salvation calls, follow up calls, LOF applications, crossing over students, starting new groups……URGENCY
3. Fruitfulness Starts and Continues With Brokenness and Humility
John 12:24 I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat is planted in the soil and dies, it remains alone. But its death will produce many new kernels—a plentiful harvest of new lives.
Gal 2:20 My old self has been crucified with Christ.[a] It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
● We have to humble ourselves to say yes to ‘alignment’ and yes to ‘discipleship’
● We are first ministered to then we minister to others (That is why Wednesday nights are so important)
● At Freedom discipleship is always by relationship, we are not only transactional – love people like Christ loves people – love people like Ps Jason loves people
● The harvest it too big for one person
● There are too many people going to hell
● If leadership ends with us then our vision is too small, it must go to 4 generations (Paul, Timothy, Faithful men, others also) 2 Tim 2:1-2
● What is needed for new locations? LEADERS
● The dream is 10 cities, do we have enough leaders for 10 cities?
● What are we doing today to raise leaders for those 10 cities?
● How many leaders do we need to raise to reach 30,000 people
Like Caleb we need to say:
Numb 13:30 But Caleb tried to quiet the people as they stood before Moses. “Let’s go at once to take the land,” he said. “We can certainly conquer it!”
4. The Importance of Raising Leaders and Multiplication