The Weapon Called Thanksgiving
1. God Has Not Called Us To Intimidation But To Boldness and Power
2 Tim 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear (timidity or cowardice), but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
Num 13:30 Then Caleb quieted the people before Moses, and said, "Let us go up at once and take possession, for we are well able to overcome it."
2. The Enemy Cannot Discourage A Thankful and Grateful Person
Ps 118:1, 5-7 (NIV) Give thanks (Praise) to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. In my anguish I cried to the Lord, and he answered by setting me free. The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? The Lord is with me; he is my helper. I will look in triumph on my enemies.
● God gives His children many weapons to conquer fear and one of the Greatest is the weapon of thanksgiving
● Thanksgiving (todah) - to lift up our hands with thanks or praise
Isa 61:3 The garment of praise (Thanks) for the spirit of heaviness
● To be thankful is to be full of God’s praise and praise brings us into His presence, where there is no fear but freedom
Ps 22:3 But you are holy, enthroned in the praises of Israel.
Ps 95:2 (NIV) Let us come before him with thanksgiving
Ps 100:4 (NIV) Enter his gates with thanksgiving
Isa 12:2 God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation."
3. Always Stay Very Broken and Grateful–This Produces Thanksgiving
Ps 34:2-6 (TLB) I will boast of all his kindness to me. Let all who are discouraged take heart. Let us praise the Lord together and exalt his name. For I cried to him and he answered me! He freed me from all my fears. Others too were radiant at what he did for them. Theirs was no shame or downcast look of rejection! This poor man cried to the Lord–and the Lord heard him and saved him out of his troubles.
Deut 28:47-48 “Because you did not serve the Lord your God with joy and gladness of heart, for the abundance of everything, therefore you shall serve your enemies”
Ps 116:1-2,7 (NIV) I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; He heard my cry for mercy. Because He turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live. Soul be at rest, for the Lord has been good to you.
● The Vision of Freedom through saving souls and making disciples is my Father’s dream and because I love Him it's now my dream
Lk 17:15-18 15 And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, returned, and with a loud voice glorified God, and fell down on his face at His feet, giving Him thanks. And he was a Samaritan. So Jesus answered and said, “Were there not ten cleansed? But where are the nine? ere there not any found who returned to give glory to God except this foreigner?”
Col 3:17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
4. Why I Bring Freedom – Freedom I Received, Freedom I Will Give