Fanning the Fires of Urgency
Matt 28:18-19 “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefor nd make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
1. Our Responsibility is to Keep the Fires of Urgency Burning
Rev 3:15-19 “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, ha the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent.
2 Tim 1:6-7 I remind you to stir up the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God has not given us a spirit of fear (Timidity, Coward) but power and of love and of a sound mind.
● Power – dynamite, explosive, force, miraculous power, might, violence, and mighty supernatural ability ● Boldness – to be on fire with confidence, courageous, the absence of intimidation, "freedom of speech", no fear in speaking boldly
Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
2. Fan into Flame the Fires of Urgency
Luke 24:47-49 and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things. I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high."
Jude 23 ut others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire.
Mark 16:15-17 He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
3. An Urgency to Raise More Leaders
Matt 9:36-38 "But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd. Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. So pray to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest. #discipleshiprevival
● Ministry changes when there is a deep seated belief that every believer is called to save souls and eventually make disciples
● The revelation of leadership changed my life and our Church
● The spirit of multiplication brings sustained and explosive growth
Acts 6:1,7 ow in those days, when he number of
the disciples was multiplying, 7 and the number of the disciples multiplied greatly
Jer 30:19 I will ultipl them, and they shall not be small (diminish)
Ex 1:10 come; let us deal shrewdly with them, lest they ultiply
Matt 11:30 For My yoke s
easy and My burden is light.”
● The burden and yoke is the one He can’t carry alone, and that is to preach the gospel and to make and multiply disciples
Is 6:8 “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” I said, Send me.”