Fearless Kingdom – A Leader’s Number One Enemy is Fear
1. The Spirit of Fear is Sent to Leaders to Stop God’s Freedom
2 Tim 1:7 God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 9 God who has saved us and called us with a holy calling -Fear attacked Timothy to limit the calling of God
● In the face of fear we are to remember our Kingdom Calling – to bring God’s freedom through saving souls and making disciples
● Discipleship is to make disciplined ones, training people how to get free and stay free and how to multiply their freedom in others
Is 58:6 “loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, to let the oppressed go free, and that you break every yoke?
2. Fear Robs Increase and Multiplication and Gets Us Replaced
Num 13:30-33 "We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it." But the men who had gone up with him said, "We can't attack those people; they are stronger than we are." And they spread among the Israelites a bad report about the land they had explored. They said, "The land we explored devours those living in it. All the people we saw there are of great size. We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them."
● They forgot who they were, and who God purposed them to be
James 1:22-25 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it — he will be blessed in what he does.
Matt 25:14-30 So I was afraid and went out and hid your talent in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you. "His master replied, 'You wicked, lazy servant! "Take the talent from him and give it to the one who has the ten talents.For everyone who has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him. And throw the worthless servant outside, into the darkness, weeping and gnashing of teeth.'
● Fear closed this man’s heart and made him unprofitable in his increase and multiplication, he could have brought it to the Lord
● Fear’s Fruits – being taken advantage of, fear of failure, insecurity, bitterness, anger, torment, anxiety, depression, discouragement
John 15:4-5,8 No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me."I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. This is for my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, so shall ye be my disciples
3. Motive: Our Love for the Heavenly Father and His Purposes Overrides All Our Fears
1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has torment. He who fears is not made perfect in love.
Matt 22:37,39 "'Love the Lord with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. And Love your neighbor as yourself.
Ps 116:1-2,7 (NIV) I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; He heard my cry for mercy. Because He turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live. Soul be at rest, for the Lord has been good to you.
● Saving souls and making disciples is my Father’s dream and because I love Him its now my dream
Col 3:17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.