There’s an Army rising up
1. The Process of Turning Civilians into Soldiers
Matt. 28:18-20 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
● You’ve been given authority by God through the Great Commission
● We use this authority to set disciples free (from addiction, insecurity, fear, abuse, and bondage)
● In every Christian there’s a mighty warrior ready to be developed
Joel 3:9-11 Proclaim this among the nations: “Prepare for war! Wake up the mighty men, Let all the men of war draw near, Let them come up. Beat your plowshares into swords And your pruning hooks into spears; Let the weak say, ‘I am strong.’” Assemble and come, all you nations, And gather together all around. Cause Your mighty ones to go down there, O Lord.
● We must keep speaking Faith over our disciples
2. Lifting the mental lid of limitation and excuses
● We must break that “Taskmaster” mentality off our disciples (The “Why” they can’t be what God called them to be), and develop a mentality of Faith
3. The heartbeat behind raising an army of disciples
Matt. 9:36-38 But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd. Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers (leaders) are few. Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.”
● The approach of ministry changes when there’s a deep-seeded belief that every believer is called to be a soul winner and eventually disciple maker
● We look at people the way God sees them (Get that quit out of your spirit)
2 Tim. 2:4 No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier.
● Pledge to do whatever it takes to be an example to your family, friends, children- and above all, to please God