Submit in the Name of Jesus
Ezek 37:1-10 The hand of the Lord came upon me and brought me out in the Spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley; and it was full of bones. Then He caused me to pass by them all around, and behold, there were very many in the open valley; and indeed they were very dry. And He said to me, “Son of man, can these bones live?” So I answered, “O Lord God, You know.” Again He said to me, “Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, ‘O dry bones, hear the word of the Lord! Thus says the Lord God to these bones: “Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live. I will put sinews on you and bring flesh upon you, cover you with skin and put breath in you; and you shall live. Then you shall know that I am the Lord.”’” So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and suddenly a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to bone. Indeed, as I looked, the sinews and the flesh came upon them, and the skin covered them over; but there was no breath in them. Also He said to me, “Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live.”’” So I prophesied as He commanded me, and breath came into them, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceedingly great army.
● The Power of hearing the Word of God brings transformation (change) into people’s lives
Ps 133: 1-3 behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious oil upon the head, running down on the beard, the beard of Aaron, running down on the edge of his garments. It is like the dew of Hermon, descending upon the mountains of Zion; for there the Lord commanded the blessing—Life forevermore.
● We must all have one mind and one accord (to save souls and make disciples)
1. Submission in the Name of Jesus
Col 3:18 Wives, submit (subordinate) to your own husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
● Subordinate = to stand under, to be obedient, to be submitted, and under the subjection
● God has a Kingdom, not a democracy. With God somebody has to be in charge (nation, business, team, family, or church)
2. Submission is the opposite of our carnal nature
Col 3:19 Husbands, love your wives and do not be bitter toward them.
● When husbands don’t take their position as the head of the family, deception enters the home
● Submission is the protection against deception