Authority in Your Prayer
It’s very important to know the season we are in.
1. We can’t give in and we can’t give up.
James 5:16-18 Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit.
● We must be effective when we pray. Pray until something breaks in the Spirit
● We are giving birth in the Spirit through our prayers
2. We partner with God, we hear God’s voice, and we pray what He tells us to pray
James 5:19-20 Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.
● We must have a heart and passion to spend time with God
● Intercessory Prayer = standing in the gap for others
● We need to have an urgency to get people saved