How To Use The Name of Jesus
1. What It Means To Ask
Jn 16:23 I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you.
● Ask – We ask our petitions in Jesus name and the Father answers
Jn 14:12-14 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. And whatever you ask (Demand) in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask (Demand) anything in My name, I will do it.
● Ask - with demons, bondage and sickness we are to command, demand as our right in the name of Jesus
Mk 4:39 rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace, be still!” And the wind ceased and there was a great calm.
Acts 3:6,16 Then Peter said, “Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.” And His name, through faith in His name, has made this man strong, whom you see and know. Yes, the faith which comes through Him has given him this perfect soundness
Mk 11:23 I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
2. More Than a Conqueror in the Mighty Name of Jesus
Matt 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”
● The conquest that Jesus made of the devil, sin, sickness and disease is wrapped up in the name of Jesus.
● When we get the revelation of the name of Jesus they will say of us, there are spiritual giants in the land
Mk 16:17-18 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.
● Since every child of God has been given the name of Jesus this promise and commission is for every Christian
Acts 3:6 Then Peter said, “Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.”
● What I do I have given you: We must come to a place of understanding of who we are, what we have and carry
Acts 4:12-17 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and untrained men, they marveled. And they realized that they had been with Jesus. And seeing the man who had been healed standing with them, they could say nothing against it. But when they had commanded them to go aside out of the council, they conferred among themselves, saying, “What shall we do to these men? For, indeed, that a notable miracle has been done through them is evident to all who dwell in Jerusalem, and we cannot deny it. But so that it spreads no further among the people, let us severely threaten them, that from now on they speak to no man in this name.” So they called them and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.