Follow Me in Multiplying as I Follow Christ
1. The Spirit of Leaders and Multiplication
1 Cor 11:1 (NIV) Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.
Phil 4:9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.
2 Tim 2:2 the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. (3 Levels deep of leadership with the same DNA)
Ex 18:20-23 you shall teach them the statutes and the laws, and show them the way in which they must walk and the work they must do. 21 Moreover you shall select from all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them to be rulers of thousands, rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens. 22 And let them judge the people at all times. Then it will be that every great matter they shall bring to you, but every small matter they themselves shall judge. So it will be easier for you, for they will bear the burden with you. 23 If you do this thing, and God so commands you, then you will be able to endure, and all this people will also go to their place in peace.”
Num 11:16-17 So the Lord said to Moses: “Gather to Me seventy men of the elders of Israel, whom you know to be the elders of the people and officers over them; bring them to the tabernacle of meeting, that they may stand there with you. 17 Then I will come down and talk with you there. I will take of the Spirit that is upon you and will put the same upon them; and they shall bear the burden of the people with you, that you may not bear it yourself alone.
2. The Two Types of Leaders God Needs Us to Raise in this Hour
Acts 6:1-7 Now in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplying, there arose a complaint against the Hebrews by the Hellenists, because their widows were neglected in the daily distribution. 2 Then the twelve summoned the multitude of the disciples and said, “It is not desirable that we should leave the word of God and serve tables. 3 Therefore, brethren, seek out from among you seven men of good reputation, full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business; 4 but we will give ourselves continually to prayer and to the ministry of the word.” 5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude. And they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and the Holy Spirit 6 whom they set before the apostles; and when they had prayed, they laid hands on them. 7 Then the word of God spread, and the number of the disciples multiplied greatly in Jerusalem, and a great man of the priests were obedient to the faith.
● We must raise Discipleship Leaders and Organizational Leaders
● When disciples multiply, so do the needs of the church
● This is called the bursting of Organizational Leadership
● When greater growth occurs, new leadership wineskins must be developed in order to handle, manage, and grow with the growth
● In May of last year we were at 221 FFGs with 1,513 in attendance. Last week, we were at 273 FFGs with 2,113 in attendance. We are about to add 40 more groups and 300 more people in the next 6 weeks, which will be about a 60% increase in one year.
● In Aug of 2017, we were at 230 groups with 1,615 in attendance and in Aug of 2018 we will be at 350 FFGs with 2,625 in attendance - we would have grown by over 1,000 people, a 52% increase, in just one year.
Matt 9:17 Nor do they put new wine into old wineskins, or else the wineskins break, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But they put new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved.”
● They are hungry (ask questions), they are loyal. Do they listen? Are they gifted (DISC and Spiritual)?
● Shadow System - I do you watch (we talk), You do I help (we talk), You do I watch (we talk), You do someone else watches (we talk)
3. How to Identify and Raise Up New Leaders