We Are Friends of GoD
1. We Are His Sons, Daughters, and His Closest Friends
Ex 33:11 NKJV So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. And he would return to the camp, but his servant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, did not depart from the tabernacle.
● His heart yearns for me and my heart yearns for Him
● In His presence we find out who we are by knowing who He is and His love for us
● When I sleep I cant wait to wake up and spend time with Him again
Acts 13:22 But God removed Saul and replaced him with David, a man about whom God said, ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do.
1 Cor 8:3 But if one loves God truly [with affectionate reverence, prompt obedience, and grateful recognition of His blessing], he is known by God [recognized as worthy of His intimacy and love, and he is owned by Him].
2. We Are Called To Be With Him In High Places
Habakkuk 3:19 The Lord God is my strength, And He has made my feet like hinds’ feet, And makes me walk on my high places.
Psalm 61:2 From the end of the earth will I call unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
● He always raises you above any storms, In His presence there is fullness of joy
● In His presence there is all that you will ever need
John 10:14 ESV I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me
3. He Places Songs in our Hearts and We Can’t Help But Let it Out
● We are all to be extravagant worshippers and radical in our praise to Him (privately and publicly)
● When we think about His love, tears just flow, hands raise in surrender, we can’t help but dance, jump and shout
2 Sam 6:14-15 GW Wearing a linen ephod, David danced in the Lord’s presence with all his might. 15 He and the entire nation of Israel brought the ark of the Lord with shouts of joy…
Psalm 42:1-2 As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God. I thirst for God, the living God. When can I go and stand before him?