A United Army and Family – When God Knits Our Hearts Together
1. One Mind and One Accord – New Levels Require New Unity
Phil 2:2-4 fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.
Jn 17:20-23 “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.
● The blessing of revival was released when the church passed the unity test – the unity test always precedes revival
● The world is attracted to the love that unity creates
● We live in a very lonely world and everybody in it has a God size need to be loved by a family and to be part of something great
● This desire is innate in every human, a desire to fulfill God’s dream
● The bigness of God’s dream is only accomplished with strong unity
Acts 2:42-47 And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers. Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles. Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common, and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need. So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.
● Selfish ambition is the killer of God’s dream – worker for hire or a hireling, a person only concerned with his own welfare, susceptible of being bribed, and ambitious self-willed person seeking opportunities for promotion
● Where there is contention and strife the Holy Spirit is grieved and withdraws his blessing from our midst – What comes to replace the blessing? Strife, bitterness, lack and the curse
● The origination of this wisdom was from hell itself
Js 3:14-18 But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
Col 3:12-17 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
● Selfish ambition is a glory seeker and God is not willing to share this
● Humility breaks pride and disunity and exalts Christ’s vision
Is 42:8 I am the Lord: that is my name: and my glory I will not share
Eph 4:1-3 walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.