Bringing God’s Freedom to Our Schools
1. The Heart Behind the Groups in Schools is “We want souls saved and we want Disciples raised”
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
● Young people must make a choice to serve God and follow Jesus
● We Must be a Strength for the young people with Family Groups in their Schools
● We have Groups in Schools because we must be there for young people during transitions
Matt. 9:36-38 But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd. Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.”
● Teach these young people that their identity is founded on the cross and the blood of Jesus, not on what is “cool” in the world
2. Let Your Light Shine in Your Schools
● God has you right where He needs you. You are at the right place at the right time.
● Embrace the assignment God has given to you in your School
Matt. 5:13-16 “You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men. “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
● You were not called to blend in, you were called to make a difference
Esther 4:14 For if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom (Schools) for such a time as this?”
3. Where There is a Team, There Will Be Conquest
● If you want to make a big impact in your school for Jesus, you need to know it’s not going to be a one-man show (It’s going to be a team connected with a vision and mission)
● The Four Steps to Getting Started
1) Pray For your friends and people in your school-Every battle is first won in prayer
2) Leader Gives You Goals, and Humble Yourself to Receive Them- Goals must be clear and kept Accountable
3) Team-When The Team Wins, The Dream Wins
4) Persistence and Determination- You Must be Soft on the Inside, and Have Tough Skin on The Outside