Following Your Faith
1. The Blessing of Peace, Prosperity, and Multiplication
Gen. 12:2-3 “I will make you a great nation; I will bless you And make your name great;
And you shall be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
● When God looks at you, He looks at you through the eyes of this verse (The Blessing of the Lord on your life)
● The Blessing of Peace = (Shalom) Nothing missing and nothing broken
Joel 2:25-26 “So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten, The crawling locust,
The consuming locust, And the chewing locust, My great army which I sent among you. You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied, And praise the name of the Lord your God, Who has dealt wondrously with you; And My people shall never be put to shame.”
● There’s no shame or condemnation in Christ
● Our satisfaction is found in the Presence of God
● We strengthen our Spirit-man in His Presence
2. We Must Have a Strong Spirit
Prov. 18:14 The spirit of a man will sustain him in sickness, But who can bear a broken spirit?
● We need to feed our Spirit-man with God’s Word
● A strong spirit will help you get through anything
Heb. 4:12 “ that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience (endurance, consistency) inherit the promises.”
● A strong spirit will help you hold on to what you receive
1 John 5:4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.
● A strong spirit will help you resist the devil and temptations
Eph. 6:10-11 “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles (tricks) of the devil.
● A strong spirit will help you help others
● A strong spirit will help you withstand impact and pressure
● Pressure on your Faith will put the force of Patience to work for you
● A strong spirit will build a barrier around your heart (Sickness can’t penetrate it, discouragement can’t sway it, fear can’t stop it, and offense can’t enter it.)
Psalm 112:6 Surely he will never be shaken; The righteous will be in everlasting remembrance.
● God wants you to be immovable and steadfast
Heb. 13:7-8 Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the word of God to you, whose faith follow, considering the outcome of their conduct. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
● Pride and fear are your enemy
● Humbleness, Walking in Love, and Forgiving people are your greatest strengths